Sunday, June 15, 2008

Information overload.

At the suggestion of a friend of mine, I visited an online tutorial site, lynda.com. All I can say is WOW! I just recently purchased Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS3 and just finished a 5 1/2 hour online video tutorial on Lightroom basics. I didn't watch it all in one day. This was over the span of a week, but it was absolutely what I was needing. I consider myself computer savvy, but I am completely new to Lightroom. Last week, Julia showed me a quick overview of Lightroom on her laptop for an hour or so. When I got home that evening, I felt that I had a basic understanding of what Lightroom was all about, but I needed more. I could have probably figured everything else out on my own after playing with it for some time, but the information that I learned from this online tutorial would have probably taken me months to learn on my own. I highly recommend this website if you haven't come across it already.

As for Lightroom, I'm totally happy with this application. I never realized what a powerful application it was and everything it is capable of doing. Wow! Just wow.

No comments: